Providing Primary Care For All Stages Of Life
Butte Native Wellness Center specializes in treating patients in any stage of life, from pediatric to geriatric.
With a Tribal Enrollment Number or letter of descendancy, patients have access to our primary and behavioral health services. As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), we are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of care in the state to the American Indian and Alaskan Native Communities because we are passionate about their health and inclusive to their needs.
What sets us apart from other medical practices is that we respect our patients’ native, tribal backgrounds, cultures, and spiritual beliefs by incorporating holistic practices of the prayer wheel, smudging, and drumming circles into our wellness programs. Should our patients require a more concentrated level of care, we will refer to the proper specialists for OBGYN pregnancy care, gastroenterology, neurology, dermatology, and other services.
A metaphorical wheel, embodying the Four Directions, (north, east, south, and west), in connection to Father Sky, Mother Earth, and the Spirit Tree, which symbolize each stage of life and areas of health. They are also physical structures, created near thousands of reservations throughout the U.S., with a center point known as the Center of Life. Included are 36 additional key points, outlining a variety of spiritual concepts like deities guiding and providing dreams, visions, direction, and intelligence, or traits for spiritual growth such as confidence, vigor, and leadership.
A ceremonial ritual, practiced by some Indigenous peoples, to purify or rid, one’s soul, or negative thoughts by burning sacred herbs.
Representing the heartbeat of Native American culture, drum circles bring balance and renewal to a person through dancing, singing, and listening at powwows or other spiritual and religious ceremonies.
- COVID-19 Testing and vaccinations
- Diabetes Care Education, prevention, and treatment using an interactive, client-centered approach to this chronic disease
- Geriatric Check-ups and prevention of disease and disability
- Men’s Health Colon cancer screening, pancreatic screening, blood pressure testing, and hormonal testing
- Nutrition Counseling Proposing a well-balanced diet and maintaining
- Pediatric Immunizations, screenings, vaccinations, and well visits
- Outpatient Medical Care Well visits, check-ups, other appointments, and management of chronic diseases, HIV/AIDS, testing and counseling and screening for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) that are not categorized as emergent
- Substance Use Disorder Recovery BNWC uses a multi-pronged approach to recovery incorporating traditional healing, harm reduction, group and individual counseling, as well as evidence-based medication assistance therapy (MAT)
- Women’s Health Colon cancer screening, mammograms (screening and diagnostic), cervical cancer screening, and hormonal testing